About LocalStackWe are a young, fast-growing startup, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with a development office in Vienna, Austria and remote team members from around the world. At LocalStack, we’re building world-class tooling to support highly efficient dev&test loops for cloud application developers. Our core product is the LocalStack cloud emulator - a light-weight cloud sandbox running in Docker that allows our users to develop cloud applications entirely on their local machines. LocalStack has a large and active open source community (45k+ stars on GitHub) with several 100k active users worldwide. With a growing international customer base across the Fortune Global 500 companies for our Pro and Enterprise offerings, as well as a growing, globally distributed team of top-notch engineers and BizDev experts, we are on an exciting growth journey to become the world’s leading platform for local cloud software development.
About the role
You will work together with a top-notch team of engineers to work on the LocalStack developer platform.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in all or most of these areas:
- DevOps automation
- REST APIs
- Docker / containerization
- Software testing
- Python mocking/patching
- Unix/system engineering
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop new APIs and optimize existing features in LocalStack
- Help triaging / reproducing user issues and work on fixes and improvements
- Take ownership of implementing new strategic features on the platform
- Use data analytics and AI / Machine Learning to derive insights from large amounts of customer data
This is a fully remote position, with flexible working hours.