- Engagement: Full-time
- Experience level: Senior, Lead
- Role: Frontend Engineer
- Location: Remote (+-5 CET) | Vienna (AT) or Zürich (CH)
About LocalStackWe are a young, fast-growing startup, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with a development office in Vienna, Austria and remote team members from around the world. At LocalStack, we’re building world-class tooling to support highly efficient dev&test loops for cloud application developers. Our core product is the LocalStack cloud emulator - a light-weight cloud sandbox running in Docker that allows our users to develop cloud applications entirely on their local machines. LocalStack has a large and active open source community (45k+ stars on GitHub) with several 100k active users worldwide. With a growing international customer base across the Fortune Global 500 companies for our Pro and Enterprise offerings, as well as a growing, globally distributed team of top-notch engineers and BizDev experts, we are on an exciting growth journey to become the world’s leading platform for local cloud software development.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to spearhead the growth journey of the LocalStack web application app.localstack.cloud. You will work together with talented full-stack engineers to build out LocalStack’s Pro and Enterprise features, and take charge over the frontend components. Our frontend tech stack centers around Typescript/React and Material UI. We are also exploring desktop UI experiences using React in Electron. We have a growing Pro customer base that increasingly uses the web app of our SaaS offering. You will be a driving force in creating an enjoyable user experience for our users, while maintaining a clean and scalable codebase, and drive the development of new features. The work at LocalStack is a balanced mix of maintaining existing product code and greenfield new projects that you can shape and drive.
If you want to be a driving force in making cloud development fun again, we would love to have you on the team!
- English language proficiency
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development and web engineering
- Solid experience with Typescript and React
- Cares deeply about code quality and re-usability, but understands the inherent trade-offs of moving fast and delivering a product
- Experience with team collaboration workflows with Git and GitHub
- A curious mind willing to learn and grow
- The following skills are a bonus:
- Experience with managed services on AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with system architecture and architectural design
- Python backend development (RESTful apps with Flask)
- Basic understanding of DevOps automation
- Leading a software team
What we offer
We offer an energetic, dynamic, productive, and flexible work environment, where you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds who are truly shaping the future of cloud software development. Given our current trajectory as a company, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and the possibility to deeply shape things from the ground up. We can offer competitive salary packages which will generally depend upon your level of expertise and experience.
We provide a remote-friendly work environment, and can accommodate flexible work hours (and timezones). We focus on output rather than process, and try to keep things as lean and agile as possible, to achieve the best possible efficiency and velocity. We are currently working in a remote setup spread across different geos - with part of the core team based in Zurich/Switzerland and Vienna/Austria, and remote locations around the world.