About LocalStackWe are a young, fast-growing startup, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with a development office in Vienna, Austria and remote team members from around the world. At LocalStack, we’re building world-class tooling to support highly efficient dev&test loops for cloud application developers. Our core product is the LocalStack cloud emulator - a light-weight cloud sandbox running in Docker that allows our users to develop cloud applications entirely on their local machines. LocalStack has a large and active open source community (38k+ stars on Github) with several 100k active users worldwide. With a growing international customer base across the Fortune Global 500 companies for our Pro and Enterprise offerings, as well as a growing, globally distributed team of top-notch engineers and BizDev experts, we are on an exciting growth journey to become the world’s leading platform for local cloud software development.
About the role
As support engineer, you are instrumental in driving the adoption of our technology by helping customers be successful with LocalStack. Support engineers at LocalStack are deeply embedded into the engineering team and act as the nexus between LocalStack’s growing user base and our core developers. We have an active Slack workspace with over 7500 users, and a Slack and GitHub support process. Our pro user often have a diverse tech stack, where they integrate different types of Cloud applications tools with LocalStack. Issues can range from simple configuration mishaps to complex integration challenges that require analytical skills and a good understanding of cloud development tooling. Most of our users are deeply technical, and each user issue solved is an opportunity to improve the product. That can mean improving the documentation, requesting the help of engineers to fix bugs, making suggestions for new features, or even getting your hands dirty by digging into the codebase yourself.
If you want to be a driving force in making cloud development fun again, we would love to have you on the team!
What you will do
You will use your technical problem solving and communication skills to help LocalStack users (Pro and Enterprise) be successful with our product. Specifically, you will
- Work hands-on with LocalStack users on a daily basis to help them get the most out of LocalStack
- Manage cases through the entire support lifecycle, from initial customer inquiry, to triage, reproduction, prioritizing, writing bug reports, and handing off to developers
- Troubleshoot individual issues by running LocalStack in developer mode, analyzing log output, debugging through Python code, and making customer issues reproducible
- Put together pull requests on GitHub that fix customer issues
- Bring the customer feedback back to the developer and product team and help shape our product direction
- You are a natural communicator and thrive when using your skill to help others
- You have an excellent understanding of software engineering processes
- You’re obsessed with customer experience
- You have 2+ years of experience in a technical support or another customer-facing role
- You have experience in most or all of these areas:
- Git and GitHub
- Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Developer tooling
- First-level support processes
What we offer
We offer a highly dynamic, productive, and flexible work environment, where you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds who are truly shaping the future of cloud software development. Given our current trajectory as a company, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and the possibility to truly shape things from the ground up. We can offer competitive salary packages which will generally depend on your level of expertise and experience. We have several company perks that are part of your individual package.
We strive to provide a flexible work environment, and can accommodate flexible work hours (and timezones). We focus on output rather than process, and try to keep things as lean and agile as possible, to achieve the best possible efficiency and velocity. We care deeply about fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and productive work environment, by selecting candidates carefully not only by their technical skills but also their cultural fit. We are currently working in a remote setup spread across different geos - with the majority of the core team based in Zurich/Switzerland and Vienna/Austria.
Get in touch
If you think this could be a good match, please send us an email with your CV/portfolio to email@example.com. We very much look forward to getting to know you!