The LocalStack community focuses on servicing the users, contributors and the open-source culture that has heralded our flagship open-source software! Our community works together on multiple fronts: filing issues and creating pull requests, providing community support to users, advocating for its adoption among the wider community, and helping us further innovate our project.
The community page aims to serve our diverse contributors to discover ways in which they can engage with the rest of the community, stay up-to-date with the recent news and events, and discover how they can contribute to our projects.
There are various ways through which you can participate and get involved with our community. You can ask questions, be a part of the conversation, or contribute to LocalStack’s growth. All kinds of contributions are welcomed and valued!
We have a vibrant discussion workspace on Slack which serves as the best place to get help with all your technical questions! We would like you to follow our Slack guidelines for effective and empathetic communication.
We are also active on various Social media channels where you can reach out to us to share your general feedback, check our new events, announcements and engage with the rest of the community!
- LocalStack Slack workspace - If you don’t have access yet, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LocalStack Twitter
- LocalStack GitHub
- LocalStack Stack Overflow
The LocalStack ecosystem can only grow through the efforts of our contributors. We appreciate all your contributions and the innovation that is brought in this community-driven project.
Before contributing to any of our projects, please have a look at our Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct which we strictly follow.
Our most common contributions revolve around writing code, fixing bugs, triaging issues/pull requests, adding documentation, writing examples and providing community support. You can also be an advocate for us by referring us on blogs, papers, articles or by just mentioning us on social media.
We are conducting community events and webinars on our LocalStack Meetup platform. Our Meetup platform facilitates everyone to share their knowledge, feedback & ideas about the product and our community. Join our Meetup community today!
You are also welcome to start your own local user group/meetup to advocate for our community and reach interested users and developers. Let us know about your endeavours and we would be happy to support you!
There are so many amazing resources that the LocalStack community has put forward! You are welcome to add your resource as long it brings forward a positive impact for our community!
- LocalStack for local AWS Dev
- AWS Dev Environment setup with LocalStack
- Mocking and Testing AWS APIs with TestContainers and LocalStack
- Testing SNS with LocalStack
- Developing and Testing Lambdas with pytest and LocalStack
- Using Serverless Framework & Localstack to test your AWS applications locally
- Testing with SNS/SQS using Localstack in Docker
- LocalStack + Terraform + CircleCI for Lambda without AWS
- AWS Testing With Localstack on Kubernetes
- Testing Infrastructure as Code on Localhost
- A journey to AWS Lambda integration testing with Python, Localstack, and Terraform
- Build and Deploy AWS Applications on Your Local Machine Using LocalStack and .NET
- How to deploy Localstack with Pulumi
- LocalStack’s guide to run AWS serverless environment locally: Discover the power of Lambda + Docker + SQS
- Testing AWS with Localstack in Spring + Kotlin
- Deploying A Fargate Cluster With LocalStack And The AWS CDK
- Commandeer Developer IDE: Manage LocalStack from the comfort of a graphical user interface.
- LocalStack .NET client: Light-weight .NET client for LocalStack.
- Go LocalStack: Go wrapper for using LocalStack.
- PyTest LocalStack: Pytest plugin for local AWS integration tests
Check out more of our community projects on GitHub.
- LocalStack Pro Samples: Officially supported examples to demonstrate the use-case of LocalStack Pro integrations.
- Sample Terraform LocalStack: Sample project to use Terraform, Localstack and Docker compose with NodeJS.
- LocalStack Spring Boot Starter: SpringBoot Starter for Localstack.
To add an example, make sure it uses the latest release of LocalStack.