LocalStack covers a huge range of AWS features.
The figure below provides an overview of the different usage tiers (Open Source, Pro, Enterprise), and the features provided by each tier.
LocalStack Pro spins up the following core Cloud APIs on your local machine.
Please note: Starting with version
0.11.0, all services are exposed via a single edge service endpoint -
http://localhost:4566 by default. (The old service-specific port numbers from previous releases are now deprecated and disabled.)
- API Gateway V2 (WebSockets support)
- API Gateway V2
- CloudWatch Logs
- Cognito Identity
- Cognito Identity Provider (IdP)
- DynamoDB Streams
- ES (Elasticsearch Service)
- EventBridge (CloudWatch Events)
- IoT (including IoT Analytics, IoT Data)
- Kinesis Data Analytics
- Lambda (including layers)
- Managed Streaming for Kafka (MSK)
- RDS / Aurora Serverless
Note that the list above contains a number of additional APIs and advanced features on top of the free open source version. Details about the Pro features are described in the next section.