Free Educational License
LocalStack Education License helps you learn and gain AWS skills and expertise through LocalStack’s fully functional local AWS cloud stack.
Students and educators can get free 6 months educational access to LocalStack, renewable as long as you remain eligible. Students need to be enrolled in an accredited educational program that takes one or more years of full-time study to complete.
How can LocalStack Education License help you?
- Get access to all features on the community and professional edition of LocalStack.
- Capitalize on detailed documentation and examples along with the community-driven support.
- Learn AWS services and technologies in a hands-on, interactive local environment without any charges.
- Participate in an active open-source community and contribute to the development of LocalStack.
Terms of usage
- The license should only be used for non-commercial educational purposes.
- The license would be renewed free of charge as long as you are a student or a teacher.
- We ask you to write a review as an exchange for the free license, so we can get better feedback.
- The license should not be used for development of any organization’s products or service.
- The license should not be shared with any third parties.
Renewal of License
To renew your license, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof of your student/teacher status.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I get help?
LocalStack has a great documentation which serves as a reference for all the features and how to use them across the community and professional edition. We also have a Slack community where you can ask questions and get help from other users. Drop a mail at email@example.com to get an invite!
How can I prove my student/teacher status?
Please fill up the form above with a school-issued email address or relevant documents (like a school-issue bonafide certificate or your ID card).
Can students who are participating in a bootcamp/training program/online coursework get free access?
No, students who are participating in a bootcamp/training program cannot get free access to LocalStack. We are currently offering free license only for students who are enrolled in an accredited educational program that takes one or more years of full-time study to complete.
Can I use my educational license for internship/work/apprenticeship purposes?
No, we are not offering any educational license for internship/work/apprenticeship or any non-personal purposes. The purpose of educational license is to help students and educators to capitalize on LocalStack’s features and services. We encourage you to purchase a professional license for any work-related purposes.