Executive Assistant - BizOps, HR & Finance
All-rounder, go-to person to facilitate smooth business operations
Are you a highly organized and self-motivated individual who thrives in dynamic environments? Can you dive deep into new topics and enjoy to learn something new every day? Do you have a talent for prioritizing work and making sure that important things get done? Do you enjoy working in an international setting and finding solutions to a diverse set of problems? Can you see yourself as a driving force in helping scale a highly dynamic startup with a global customer base and a growing number of globally distributed employees?
If this is you, you may be exactly who we’re looking for!
About LocalStackWe are a young, fast-growing startup, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with a development office in Vienna, Austria and remote team members from around the world. At LocalStack, we’re building world-class tooling to support highly efficient dev&test loops for cloud application developers. Our core product is the LocalStack cloud emulator - a light-weight cloud sandbox running in Docker that allows our users to develop cloud applications entirely on their local machines. LocalStack has a large and active open source community (38k+ stars on Github) with several 100k active users worldwide. With a growing international customer base across the Fortune Global 500 companies for our Pro and Enterprise offerings, as well as a growing, globally distributed team of top-notch engineers and BizDev experts, we are on an exciting growth journey to become the world’s leading platform for local cloud software development.
About the role
We are looking for a brilliant Executive Assistant to work alongside our executive team and ensure everything in the business runs seamlessly while pulling the strings behind the scenes.
The perfect person for this role is someone who can wear many hats. You will have to perform a variety of tasks across Business Operations, HR and Finance. You won’t be put off by having broad responsibilities – one day you may be working on supporting payroll activities and another day exploring possible locations for a new office in a new country. You will help keep projects on track, prioritize and distribute incoming requests and handle urgent requirements in a responsive, thoughtful and self-directed manner. This position will give you a lot of freedom of action and require self-initiative, business judgment, independent decision making and customer service skills. You will be a proactive team member who will help organize and take part in internal and external company events.
This is an exciting opportunity to get on board a growing multinational tech company early stage and shape our growth journey. Join us for the ride! 🚀
What you will do
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Business Operations Support
- Managing and facilitating a large volume of email replies
- Facilitating the follow through of business development deals (incl. correspondence with customers, resellers, partners, etc.)
- Assisting with responses to external stakeholders and clients, including emails / draft responses and coordination of meetings
- Communicating with teams and assisting with project management
- Planing, organizing and holding internal and external company events (online and in person events) and initiatives
- Incorporate creative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently
- Supporting with ensuring we are compliant in all aspects of the business
- Ownership of the ‘data room’ for the company including contracts and e-signatures
- Assisting in searching, analyzing, and verifying legal data for different global deals
- Cooperating with our legal advisers (currently mainly in Switzerland, Austria and the US)
- Reviewing agreements and reports
- Acting as an HR partner and assisting in shaping and executing processes around recruitment and onboarding of new hires, benefits enrollment and administration, employee record keeping, training administration, etc.
- Managing the relationship with our payroll provider
- Responsible for filing employee documents and files
- Responding to all employee and applicant inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Managing travel plans and expense reports
- Assist in building financial and forecasting reports (with support) to help the executive team with making data driven strategic decisions
- Driving the data collection, coordination, final copy preparation, distribution, etc.
- Helping with bookkeeping tasks, working together with accountants to prepare financial reports
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
Data and Business Intelligence Support
- Supporting the business leaders with tracking and reporting of important data
- Tracking and maintaining OKRs, KPIs and reports
- Researching the competitor landscape and other research activities
General Administrative Support
- General office management activities
- Managing purchasing activities and contracts
- 2+ years of Project Management, Analyst, or senior Executive Assistant experience (ideally in a startup, management consulting, or IT business environment)
- Excellent written and spoken English. Good written and spoken German is a plus.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or comparable tools from other vendors
- High level of financial literacy
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills (you will be working with all business functions)
- Humble and willing to learn
- Insatiable curiosity (can anticipate potential problems/opportunities and most importantly, have a plan to mitigate/maximize them)
- Ability to maintain a flexible working attitude, while performing job duties in dynamic and demanding situations or handling complex communication
- Must be able to professionally handle sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Creative, high energy, hands on professional who can successfully multitask in a fast-paced environment.
This is an exciting role for someone who wants to build a career in Tech, but isn’t sure where to specialize. If successful in this role, we will help you pick your own progression path within any department at LocalStack.
What we offer
We offer a highly dynamic, productive, and flexible work environment, where you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds who are truly shaping the future of cloud software development. Given our current trajectory as a company, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and the possibility to truly shape things from the ground up. We can offer competitive salary packages which will generally depend on your level of expertise and experience.
We strive to provide a flexible work environment, and can accommodate flexible work hours (and timezones). We focus on output rather than process, and try to keep things as lean and agile as possible, to achieve the best possible efficiency and velocity. We are currently working in a remote setup spread across different geos - with the majority of the core team based in Zurich/Switzerland and Vienna/Austria.
Get in touch
If you think this could be a good match, please send us a message with your CV/portfolio. We very much look forward to getting to know you!