Technical Key Account Manager
Entrepreneurial minded Technical Key Account Manager who thrives on establishing a strong relationship with our global customer base.
Are you an entrepreneurial-minded go-to-market leader with a passion for nurturing lasting relationships with high-value customers to ensure mutual long-term success? Do you naturally take ownership, drive and embrace innovation? Are you looking for a rare opportunity to come in and build the strategy, framework, and processes required to quickly build and scale the go-to-market function of a high-growth global tech startup? If that’s you, you may be the driving force we’re looking for.
About LocalStackWe are a young, fast-growing startup, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, with a development office in Vienna, Austria and remote team members from around the world. At LocalStack, we’re building world-class tooling to support highly efficient dev&test loops for cloud application developers. Our core product is the LocalStack cloud emulator - a light-weight cloud sandbox running in Docker that allows our users to develop cloud applications entirely on their local machines. LocalStack has a large and active open source community (38k+ stars on Github) with several 100k active users worldwide. With a growing international customer base across the Fortune Global 500 companies for our Pro and Enterprise offerings, as well as a growing, globally distributed team of top-notch engineers and BizDev experts, we are on an exciting growth journey to become the world’s leading platform for local cloud software development.
About the role
The perfect person for this role is someone with a strong sales and go-to-market background who has the skills and passion to better understand our technical customer’s’ unique needs, and goes above and beyond to support our customers in achieving great results. You will be advocating as a champion for customers and problem solve together with the rest of the organization to elevate their overall experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to get on board a growing multinational tech company early stage and shape our growth journey. Join us for the ride!
What you will do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building a trusted and lasting advisor relationship with key accounts, internal stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Connecting with customers regularly over video chat, the phone, e-mail; and occasionally in person to help solidify a trust relationship
- Driving renewals by engaging customers to increase usage and adoption of our software solutions
- Identifying and nurturing upsell opportunities that result in customer expansions
- Researching and analyzing LocalStack’s customers and open source users to understand and anticipate their needs and build sales funnels from Open Source users to Enterprise customers
- Creating compelling sales material together with Product and Marketing to best communicate the value of our solutions at customers
- Collecting testimonials and gathering customer success stories together with Marketing
- Being a proactive contributor. A true “land and expand” approach, to expand within our impressive customer base through relationship building and new relationship acquisition
- Translating key needs into product offerings, working with other LocalStack teams to ensure that customer needs are met and that the customers are satisfied
- Working both independently and collaboratively to forecast/track key account opportunities, assist with high-severity requests and escalations, and iterate and evolve best practices, guidelines, and systems
- Identifying new opportunities and, areas for improvement - both for key customers and internally as part of the Key Accounts team
- Cultivating a funnel of accounts and new customer relationships, to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Shaping the product pricing and packaging
- Negotiating quotes, closing orders, and ensuring timely and successful delivery according to customer needs and objectives
- 2+ years of successful strategic and consultative value based sales experience, ideally in a software or technology environment
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic and growing startup environment, including a demonstrated ability to rethink and shape new processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate genuinely and effectively at all levels of an organization and across customer segments and industries
- Experience with and ability to deliver customer-focused solutions for technical audiences (from individual developers to the CTO/CIO level)
- Structured approach, attention to detail, and proven skills in planning and following up while managing multiple projects and customers
- Excellent communication skills including listening and asking the right questions
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with different functions in the organization (from Product and Engineering to Marketing and Finance)
- Strong business acumen, self-motivation, and a competitive “fire”
- A positive, solution-oriented, problem-solving, customer-centric attitude
- Ability to apply sales best practices and techniques
- Experience with setting up and customizing CRM tools is a plus
- Prior experience in sales and outbound customer outreach a plus
This is a truly exciting role for someone who wants to build a career in Tech, and is ready to lay a strong foundation for a growing Sales organization. If successful in this role, you will have opportunities to take the lead and further build out wider sales and go-to-market functions at LocalStack.
What we offer
We offer an energetic, dynamic, productive, and flexible work environment, where you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds who are truly shaping the future of cloud software development. Given our current trajectory as a company, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and the possibility to deeply shape things from the ground up. We can offer competitive salary packages which will generally depend upon your level of expertise and experience.
We provide a remote-friendly work environment, and can accommodate flexible work hours (and timezones). We focus on output rather than process, and try to keep things as lean and agile as possible, to achieve the best possible efficiency and velocity. We are currently working in a remote setup spread across different geos - with part of the core team based in Zurich/Switzerland and Vienna/Austria (among other locations), and a focus on expanding into the US.
Get in touch
If you think this could be a good match, please send us a message with your CV/portfolio to email@example.com. We very much look forward to getting to know you!